Thursday, October 9, 2014

October--By Kelly Deschler--United States

October

O pening up my front door this morning,
C ould not believe what I saw there.
T he aroma of wood smoke was in the air.
O vernight the entire world had changed,
B ountiful beauty as far as the eye could see.
E very leaved limb shivered in the cool air,
R eminding me of all my autumns gone by.

Kelly Deschler is a poet living in Big Falls, Wisconsin. "October" was the first acrostic poem that she had ever written. It would go on to win first place in the poetry contest that it was originally written for, in October 2013.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelly. Your acrostic is a very cool word painting leaving the reader with great visuals! Well done! Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your poem Kelly. Thanks for sharing your lovely inspiration. ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely visuals of October. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this poem. I might never have noticed it was acrostic had you not announced it, Kelly D... September is always my best month. October is my transition month. Some days I'm the windshield, other days I am the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I loved this acrostic poem so well written and paints an accurate picture of October for me too. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly. Nice poem. I love the flow and order, as well as the vivid images. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete