Saturday, October 25, 2014

clouds hover...By Shivapriya Ganapathy--India

clouds hover
over twinkling stars-
a blackout poem
f
r
a
m
e
d
by my window

Shivapriya Ganapathy is from Kanchipuram, India. She graduated with a Masters degree in English Language and Literature from Madras Christian College, Chennai, and is now a research scholar at University of Madras. Apart from being a researcher and an avid reader, she is an aspiring poet, constantly learning and experimenting with new forms like micropoetry, black out and erasure. She maintains a personal poetry blog (www.wordsfromdarkness.blogspot.in) and finds writing, therapeutic.

10 comments:

  1. I like the way you have constructed this poem, and I always admire writers who succeed in turning out great work in a language that is not their own.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Maureen. I greatly appreciate your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shivapriya,

    I have also fallen in love with the poem. its beautifully artistic.

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot, Frances. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Linda Hurdwell, for the following--

    This kept within me, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat! Well done. Best wishes Ralph

    ReplyDelete
  7. A creative word painting and layout - fun to read, too........ Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello friends,

    Your wishes and encouraging words mean so much to me. Thanks a lot!

    Love,
    Shivapriya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Shivapriya, what a lovely poem reminding me of my childhood days when I would look out my bedroom window at night time and marvel at the beauty of the night and with my little sister wish upon the first star we saw. I always hoped their would be a star to wish upon and when the clouds covered the magic of the night, we were so disappointed. Thank you for sharing your `artistic talent, both in form and word presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice poem, Shivapryia. Lovely form and deep meaning. Thank you for sharing and continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete