Monday, April 11, 2016

Aubade--By J. T. Milford--United States

Aubade
            For Jo Balistreri
    
May the flowers
of your soul open
to receive the gift
of morning light

That gives life
to everything
the sky lapis blue
and the forever
light of you

**Editor's note Mary Jo Balistreri is a contributor at our Whispers' community

Author's Thoughts--I wrote this poem to celebrate Jo Balistreri, her poetry and her help and support given me over the years we have been e-mail friends. Many of my poems would not have come to fruition without her insightful comments and suggestions. Reading her books and selected poems she sent to me has shown what emotion she brings to her beautiful poetry. 

11 comments:

  1. Dear J.T.,

    What a special gift for a special person. Mary Jo is a light in the poetry community, always encouraging others. Thank you for this beautiful tribute. Congratulations Mary Jo on you honor!

    Blessings to both of you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen for celebrating Mary Jo and her poetry with me. She has been a special light for me.

      Delete
  2. Dear J. T. Milford,your poem is a well written tribute to a sensitive kind poetic lady with a gift for compassion.We are lucky to have her
    friendship through poetry,best wishes,angelee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelee for celebrating Mary Jo and her poetry with me and all the others poets. She has been a special light and friend for me.

      Delete
  3. Dear JT,
    I am honored beyond measure for this beautiful tribute. Humbled by it. Your words will always be remembered. Thank you.
    And also to Karen and Angelee. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary Jo,

      It was an honor to publish this wonderful tribute to you. Thank you J.T., again, for sharing this with us.

      Blessings,
      Karen

      Delete
    2. Jo, I will always celebrate our special friendship. Thanks for being my friend.

      Delete
  4. I celebrate Jo, too.
    Such help given me by her has made all the difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned without jo's comments and help many of my poems would not exist.
      Thanks Michael.

      Delete
  5. Nice dedication poem, J.T. Mary Jo is definitely worthy. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ(www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you your kind comment, Yes Mary Jo is a forever light for all of us.
      Thanks J T

      Delete