Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Descending Memories--By John W. (Bill) Williams--United States

Descending Memories

In the stillness of night
my friend’s journey ended,
sorrow consumed my soul;
words of good-bye
hung helplessly on my tongue.

I welcome the descent
of memories, which come
like snowflakes settling on my mind
reflections of hikes through woods
and along mountain paths.

The duration of our friendship was short;
yet, I was incredibly blessed
that God sent into my heart
such a steadfast friend.

For as long as I have memory,
I will celebrate the life of my friend
in visionary splendors of descending memories:
but only God can heal a grieving heart.

John W. (Bill) Williams is a retired language arts and children’s literature educator.  He lives in Martin, GA, where he stays busy with his art and poetry.  He has been published in a variety of venues.

3 comments:

  1. It's an honor to your friend to commemorate him/her with this poignant poem. I offer my sympathy, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very poignantly beautiful ,Bill my condolences,angelee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and emotional poem, Bill. Thank you for sharing it and continued blessings!

    -MJ(www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete