Thursday, April 28, 2016

I Miss You--By Annie Jenkin--England

I Miss You

It's as Spring makes its new start - I miss you
The yellow of Daffodils and Primroses
Budding trees, heathers and bushes
And the morning sun now blushes
It's then I feel alive, to share such promise of hope and joy.

On warm Summer evenings - I miss you
Drowsy bees pollen searching
The Ox-eyed daisies slowly closing
Sat alone, I sip cool wine, thinking
It's then I'm happy, to enjoy life's gifts and pleasure.

When Autumn silently creep's in - I miss you
Raindrops are illuminated by street light
Footsteps of strangers echo in the night
I hear the sea inside its shroud of mist
It's then I miss, your eyes glowing with love for me.

On long dark evenings of Winter - I miss you
When the house is buffeted by wind
The highs of Christmas now dimmed
An absorbing book comes to an end
It's then I miss, making memories to treasure.

Annie Jenkin lives in Plymouth, England. Having not written poetry for many years, Annie has returned to poetry writing with enthusiasm. Her writing explores several subject areas that are insightful, humorous but can also be sensitive.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Arthur, much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your piece very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, your imagery in this lovely poem is almost palpable. The beauty of the seasons and the beauty of loving memories tied in sight and heart. Outstanding! Aloha, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. heartfelt write indeed - please let him see this too

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I like the imagery and the way it touches my heart. Thank you for sharing. Regards // paul

    ReplyDelete