Friday, April 29, 2016

Reflections: A Mid-Summer’s Night Treat--By Maurice J. Reynolds--United States

Reflections: A Mid-Summer’s Night Treat

A mid-summer’s night treat, so sweet,
just me, the open sky, the stars, and wild
flowers reacting to a soft breeze, stimulating
my mind, to unwind….just a tease of summer
days spent in my grandfather’s arms, heart-to-
heart talks with my father accented by my
mother’s charm….a mid-summer’s night
treat, remembering playing freely with friends
without the fear of harm, delightful moments in
the garden with granny; quality time galore….
reflections I so adore on this mid-summer
night, what a treat, so sweet.

Maurice J. Reynolds is a freelance writer who has had material published in various publications.  He is the owner of To God be the Glory! Publications, a literary ministry that produces the poetry publication Creative Inspirations.  More information can be found at:: www.tgbtgpublictions.com 

12 comments:

  1. Dear Rev Reynolds what a lovely poem ,god bless, love and light,angelee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angelee. I am glad you enjoyed it.

      -MJ

      Delete
  2. Maurice,
    This is so beautiful and inspiring, like the work you publish in Creative Inspirations.
    Your friend,
    David Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. To God be the Glory!

      -MJ

      Delete
  3. Rev MJ your trip back in time brings back my youth in the country in Texas with the fields of Bluebonnets and Indian Paint brush each Spring, the Honeysuckle vines and hummingbirds and of course the
    Mocking Bird. Robert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert. It took me back in time a bit as well.

      -MJ

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. Glad you enjoyed it.

      -MJ

      Delete
  5. Dear Rev. Reynolds,
    Another tribute to the gift of this world, and all we have been given--not just in nature, but in grandparents, parents, their love and concern, their profound faith and goodness. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Jo. I have such fond memories of growing up. It can bring tears to my eyes when I think about it.

      -MJ

      Delete
    2. Lovely, heartfelt poem Maurice. Conjured up thoughts from my past as I took a stroll down memory lane reading your inspiring words! God bless...Chris~

      Delete
  6. Beautifully written, you take us back to yester years of memory and delight reminding us of time passing so quickly and the need to grasp it and live life fully at all times... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete